AUG Student Services
en English
Enquire Home
AUG Student Services logo
en English

Our Services for PR Stay Visa

Skilled Independent Visa (189)


What is this Visa?

This Visa is for Points-tested skilled workers to live and work in Australia as a Permanent Resident (PR).

It allows you to travel in and out of Australia as many times as you want for 5 years after the Visa is granted.

How long does the Visa last?

This is a permanent Visa that lasts indefinitely and applies for Australian citizenship, if eligible.


You must:

  • Have a relevant occupation (refer to list)
  • Complete a suitable skills assessment with authority
  • Meet points test pass mark of 65 points (refer to points list)
  • Be under 45 years of age
  • Have competent English
  • Be invited by immigration to apply

Use our online point calculator or contact us to know your eligibility.


Expression of Interests (EOIs) are kept for two years.

For the process of how the Australian State or Territory governments nominate applicants, please contact us.

For updated information, please click here.

I want to...

Travel to Australia for a Holiday
Apply for Permanent Resident (PR) Visa
Sponsor my Partner to Australia
Apply for Parent Visa

How to...


MARN 0321639, 1680780, 1683189, 1909100
Code of Conduct for registered migration agents