Temporary Graduate (TR) Visa (485)
What is this Visa?
This is for international students who have recently graduated from an Australian educational institution to live, study and work in Australia temporarily after finishing studies.
There are two streams:
- Graduate Work stream
- Post-Study Work (PSW) stream
Students must meet the following requirements
- Under 50 years of age
- Hold an eligible Visa in Australia
- Completed at least 2 years of study in Australia in the last 6 months and must be at a certain level
- Meet English Language requirement
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have a recent qualification in a CRICOS registered course
- Meet additional requirements of the relevant stream
Graduate Work stream: Qualification must relate to an occupation on skilled occupation list
Post-Study Work stream: Qualification must be higher education degree and was granted their first student Visa on or after 5 November 2011
How long does the Visa last?
From 18 months to 4 years, depending on the highest qualification and date applied for the Visa.
How much are the fees/costs?
How long does it take? (Processing time)
From 3 months onwards.
What can I do with the Visa?
It allows students to live, study and work in Australia for as long as the Visa has been granted.
The 485 Visa does not restrict the type of work you may do or the number of hours you may work.
What documents do I need?
Post-Study Work Stream:
- Birth Certificate
- Health Insurance
- Australia Federal Police Check
- Police Check from home country
- Academic Documents
- IELTS results (if applicable)
Graduate Work Stream:
- Same as Post-Study Work stream + Skill Assessment
For updated information, please click here.