AUG Social Media
AUG Student Services logo

Our Services for PR Stay Visa

Visitor Visa (600)


What is this Visa?

Visitor Visa lets you visit Australia for up to 3, 6 or 12 months.

There are a few streams:

  • Tourist
  • Frequent Traveller

Who is it for?

  • Visitors or Working Holiday Visa holders who want to extend their stay in Australia
  • Chinese tourists who are on tour with a registered travel agent
  • Parents of Australians/Permanent Resident (PR) who wish to stay with their family members

How long does the visa last?

If you are in Australia with a Visitor Visa or Working Holiday Visa, you can only extend your stay so the total duration is 12 months or less.

If you are applying for the Frequent Traveller stream, applicants may be granted for up to 10 years.

If you are applying for Parents Visa, the visa may be granted from 18 months to 5 years.

How much are the fees/costs?

From A$190 onwards.

How long does it take? (Processing time)

From 2 days up till 51 days.

What can I do with the Visa?

  1. Visit Australia as many times as you want while the Visa is still valid, but total time spent in Australia cannot be more than a granted period of stay
  2. Study in Australia for up to 3 months
  3. Do activities in tourist stream

What documents do I need?

  1. Passport
  2. Birth Certificate
  3. Certified Military Service Record
  4. Evidence of Sufficient Funds
  5. If Tourist stream, an itinerary for the stay in Australia;
    If visiting friends/relatives, invitation letter from them
  6. Other Information: Show that you have the incentive to return home

For updated information, please click here.

I want to...

Travel to Australia for a Holiday
Apply for Permanent Resident (PR) Visa
Sponsor my Partner to Australia
Apply for Parent Visa

How to...

AUG Mascot - Got Question?


MARN 0321639, 1683189
Code of Conduct for registered migration agents