At a Glance
A$15,000 per annum for up to three years. The recipient cannot hold any other scholarship.
- How is it paid?
One payment per year of A$15,000 will be paid after the Semester 1 census date. Payments will be made for up to three years for new Undergraduate students, and two years for new Postgraduate by coursework students.
Scholarships can change lives. The financial assistance they provide often enables students to undertake further education opportunities that may have otherwise been hard for them to access.
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support international students looking to study in regional Australia. This scholarship offers students the opportunity to experience high-quality learning in regional Australia.
Are You Eligible to Apply?
- Be an international student commencing their first year of study in Semester 1, 2022 or Semester 1, 2023 (apply for students who study Undergraduate or Postgraduate by coursework courses);
- Be studying full-time at one of La Trobe University’s regional campuses, including Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, and Shepparton;
- Be residing in or intending to move to a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area (Check the 2016 box next to the “ASGS Remoteness Areas”).
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their ability to meet entry requirements for the course.
- Recipients must meet all the conditions in their Letter of Offer for their course to ensure payment of the Scholarship. Conditions of offer can be found in the Letter of Offer sent by admissions;
- Recipients must be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The Scholarship is not transferable to other campuses;
- Recipients must enroll in four subjects in a semester to remain eligible for the scholarship;
- Recipients must reside in a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. Recipients must provide evidence of residency if requested;
- Recipients cannot hold any other University scholarship.
How to Apply?
No separate application is required. Students will automatically be assessed when applying for an eligible course.
Don’t be afraid to step forward and apply, so you can reshape your life to better pursue your university studies.
Chat with AUG’s professional counsellors for more details.