Press Release – 3 June 2019
The question of whether to choose an International School in Malaysia for local children, or offer them the adventure of studying abroad, is an important decision for families to make. This year AUG Student Services, together with AEAS would like to share with Malaysian families why studying in a high quality Australian school is an excellent choice. Locally based international schools cannot fully provide this truly global experience.
On Sunday 30 June 2019, an Australian Schools’ Exhibition is being held at One World Hotel, Petaling Jaya, from 2 to 6pm. Admission is free. 10 Australian schools will be showcased from New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia, Victoria and Western Australia. The schools represent Australia’s best education offerings of Independent and Government schools, with a selection of boys, girls and coeducational structures, offering homestay and boarding accommodation options. A variety of curriculum alternatives are also offered by these schools ranging from High School Certificate, the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program and Foundation Studies. Please visit https://exhibitions.aeas.com.au/kualalumpur/ for a full list of participants.
This event has been held annually for more than 20 years and has attracted some of the most prestigious schools in Australia. School Principals and Admission Managers will be present to discuss their education options with prospective students and parents. There will also be the opportunity to meet with experienced education industry counsellors from AUG to address any logistical and migration questions that arise.
Tracey O’Halloran, Managing Director, AEAS has been working with Malaysian students enrolling in Australian schools for over 30 years. She strongly believes that studying in an Australian school is still a very popular option for Malaysian families and has provided her top reasons why this trend will continue:
- Australia has a highly regarded education system, offering many curriculum choices.
- Australian schools offer multiple pathways to top universities – in Australia and other countries. Students who study at school in Australia find they are far more ready and manage much better at university than students who have not had the benefit of this experience.
- Australian schools offer quality teaching and student support, and develop the whole student with an holistic approach to education centred on wellbeing.
- Students who study abroad are more confident, more focused and more independent. They develop a global perspective.
- Australian schools are affordable with a range of tuition fees available.
- Australian schools offer amazing facilities to support a successful learning environment.
- Australia offers all its visitors a great environment in which to live and explore. In the Global Liveability report of 2018 Australia has three of the top ten most liveable cities in the world (Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide).
Events such as this years’ Australian Schools’ Exhibition are the best way for students to understand the wide range of education options available in Australia. Any family considering an international school education for their children are encouraged to visit us on the day.
Don’t miss out and pre-register now at https://exhibitions.aeas.com.au/kualalumpur/